watching movies in Taiwan seems like a luxury. coming from the philippines where roughly nt 85 can get you to decent cinemas and nt 130 into the most posh ones, i had to be resourceful! (i heard it would cost around nt 250-300 here in Taipei. i never tried, too expensive!)
being a movie-fanatic, imagine the happiness i felt when i discovered 湳山戲院 (nan shan xi yuan). for the fair price of nt 140, you can watch two movies. the cinema has 4 viewing screens, which show two movies alternately. if you are gutsy and thick-skinned enough, you can watch all the eight movies, though you are only allowed two. the drawback of course, is that the movies they show are two months old! but it’s better than shelling out nt 300 right?
the cinema is clean, the chairs are comfortable, the viewing rooms are quite small, giving you that cozy feeling of private viewing. my take is that it is worth one’s try!
well anyway, here is the address and directions on how to get there!
CINEMA NAME: 湳山戲院 (nanshan xiyuan)
ADDRESS: 通化街 24巷 1號 (tonghua street lane 24 number 1)
CONTACT NUMBER: 2706-8222
- take 662, 663, 235.
- then get off at 文昌街口, 安和路 (wenchang jiekou in anhe lu), which i think is 1 or 2 bus stops away from Carnegie’s.
- walk straight, then turn left.
- if you see triumph, triumph, then you are going the right direction. just walk straight ahead.
- then i think about 3-4 blocks, turn left.
- just ask around, locals are meant to know. from the bus stop, it would just take about 5-10minutes to get there.
- if you get lost, just go by the address i gave or give them a call for more detailed instructions.